Monday, April 27, 2009

Having Kids Can End Marital Bliss?!

Is this going to scare the shoes off me?

Researchers at the University of Denver published an 8-year study in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology that 90% of 218 couples experienced deterioration of marital satisfaction after the first child was born.

I don't have a take on this one. We're still planning for our first kid late this year or early next. I just figured this was a rather interesting share.

Full article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090408145351.htm.

2 comments:

  1. Even though that's kind of frightening, I'm not gonna let it worry me. Why does it work sometimes and not others? I have no idea. I just know that I'm so happy and I'm gonna do my best not to take out my frustration with being tired on my hubby. I don't want him to resent me or vice-versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm totally with you on this one. it must vary from family to family, their values, principles, priorities in life, definition of happiness.... don't worry, i'll let you know when i get there... oh wait! you'll get there first. so pls let me know... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
The Wife in Stilettos