Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oh, Canada!

We're in limbo. The husband and I may be in Canada today, but we quite frankly don't know where our shoes may take us tomorrow. We're exploring Canada this summer (while we're still here and all). I've noted theme parks, water parks and hiking trails. But we really have to go back to Niagara for a couple of days or so. I have to experience the energy of Clifton Hills once the sun sets... we were tourist day-guides for our California friends the last time. I want this time to be all about the husband and I.

I'm also brewing this one-week northeast long drive. The destination is Quebec City. This is what I'm looking forward to the most. I always loved leisure drives. The planning has kept me pretty busy (and excited) these past few days, especially since I want to make sure I cover all the pit stop goodness. I want it to be... uhmm... planned spontaneity? Ha! I'll just map out the major route and we'll see where the road will take us. The route is Kingston->Montreal->Quebec City->Ottawa. I'm still googl'ing for pit stops... but the Thousand Islands Cruise of Kingston is definitely day one.

I fell in love with Montreal's tourism web-highlights yesterday. Today, I'm moving on to Quebec City's after checking for possible Montreal hotels (or b&b's) to spend the night (or two... whatever goes)...

I can't wait for summer!

7 comments:

  1. Your life sounds like one big adventure! I can only wish that I didn't know where I'd be tomorrow, next month or next year. Damn house and stable job! LOL

    I don't know if these is true of all Canadian cities, but Toronto is the cleanest urban area I've ever visited. I would love to hit BC for some kayaking and killer whale watching.

    Live it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Montreal you'll want to stay for a couple of days, Quebec City is gorgeous but can really be done in one big day. Ottawa can be romantic, lots of cute restaurants, also more of a 1 day kinda thing. Kingston... actually, it's cute. The downtown area. Not sure what else there is to do.

    I heard the Thousand Island tour was really really really dull. I've never been, so I can't say, but this girl from Montreal said she was really looking forward to it and was super disappointed. Again, one person, so I have no clue.

    Good luck with your travels! I love travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mj! it has been great. although lately, the husband and i have been getting serious on settling to have a kid... i dunno... we'll see :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the advise, margarita! you read my mind... i was thinking of spending a couple of days in montreal. from what i've read it seems like there's more to do in montreal than in all the rest combined!

    too bad about the thousand island tour. we'll probably take the shortest one (1-hour cruise), and let you know what i think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it looks so gorgeous! i'm very jealous :) and you said you were reading twilight...ahh its good. let me know if you get sucked in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. QUEBEC CITY IS A MUST. SERIOUSLY GO. GO GO GO!
    Haha sorry I sound so excited, but most people have never heard of Quebec City but it has so much character and is such a charming fortress city.
    Montreal is also GREAT, for night life, for restaurants, for FASHION.
    And if you have time, you should check out Niagara-on-the-Lake before you leave the Niagara region. Another VERY charming town, with great B&Bs, and TONS OF WINERIES. Don't know if you've ever been there but go on at least one winery tour if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, my mistake, nicole! it's new moon, not twilight (told you i wasn't into the saga YET)...

    thanks for the tips, sassygirl. haven't gone to niagara-on-the-lake too. will definitely go check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
The Wife in Stilettos